- Hold formal safety meetings on a regular basis.
- Supplement those meetings with brief, informal sessions.
- Keep meetings to a reasonable length.
- Plan well in advance and have an agenda for each meeting.
- Make sure you have full management support for training efforts.
- Bring in managers from other parts of the facility and outside experts to speak with learners.
- Mention recent safety records and trends.
- Encourage “How my safety training saved me from …” statements.
- Hit the highlights and save some details for Q&As.
- Get employees involved through demonstration or discussion.
- Sum up the main points and close on an upbeat note.
- Send employees out with a handout to reinforce the training message.
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012
"Here are 12 tips that trainers can follow to encourage employee involvement in safety training:"