Empathica, Inc. (www.empathica.com), a leading provider of customer experience management solutions, is committed to employee engagement—internally and externally. The company employs approximately 100 employees at its headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, and its offices in Alpharetta, Georgia, and Birmingham, England.
Empathica’s PinPout (Perfect in, Perfect out) quality awards program was implemented several years ago to provide incentives for employees to clearly communicate client requirements—on the first try—and to check that the solution works and “makes sense” before delivering it to a client, says Gary Edwards, executive vice president of Client Services. Under this program, recognized employees have their names posted, get a personal note of thanks from the CEO, and are awarded gift cards.
As a result of this program, “People take a lot of pride in the small, everyday things they do,” Edwards says.
Empathica also sponsors a “Rock Star of the Month,” which is basically a glorified employee of the month program. Employees nominate their peers for the recognition, and the names and accomplishments of all nominees are posted on a bulletin board in the front office. “It’s a nice, very public, recognition,” Edwards says. A winner is randomly drawn from all nominated “rock stars.”
Did you know that it could cost you 5x as much to win a new customer than to keep a current one? That is why it is so important that you provide your customer service team with the skills they need to provide excellent service. Get Free Access to 20+ Customer Service Training Courses here.
The company’s efforts to engage employees have paid off. Both employee retention and engagement are high, Edwards says, and Empathica was recently named one of the “50 Most Engaged Workplaces” by I Love Rewards, an incentive marketing company focused on driving employee motivation and sales. “People are highly engaged. They don’t want to go anywhere else.”
“If you want a very engaged workplace, here’s what you need to do. You have to have people winning for the company, winning for clients, and winning for themselves.” While two out of three of those things happen fairly commonly at companies, it takes a concerted effort to make sure all three occur, Edwards says.
To keep employees engaged in their work, he recommends that employers implement reward and recognition programs, provide learning and growth opportunities, offer opportunities for employees from different departments to interact with one another and collaborate on projects, and communicate regularly and clearly with employees.
The Training Today—Customer Service Library includes everything you need for your customer service team to provide world-class service. In today’s environment, it is more important than ever to build loyal relationships with your customers and a better working environment for your employees. Get Free Access to 20+ Customer Service Training Courses here.
Keeping employees empowered and engaged is great for morale, and creates a good vibe that employees will then pass on to customers. But top-quality customer service involves more than being in a good mood. How can you keep your employees’ customer service skills at peak levels? The answer is the Training Today—Customer Service Library.
The Customer Service Library allows you to:
- Train on demand. Employees can complete training anytime from anywhere. All they need is a computer and an Internet connection.
- Reinforce training topics with engaging graphics and quizzes to test their knowledge.
- Monitor and track the results of your training program with the built-in recordkeeping tool.
- Save costs. The more you train, the more cost-effective the training becomes.
The Customer Service Library provides valuable training content, including the following courses:
- Connect With Customers. To work effectively with customers and provide the kind of service that builds long-lasting relationships, customer service representatives need to connect with their customers. The objective of this online customer service training course is to focus on how to connect with customers. At the end of the training session, trainees will be able to understand the importance of connecting with customers, identify effective methods for making good connections, and communicate well to ensure successful interaction with customers.
- Customer Service Skills—How We Can All Improve. Without our customers, we wouldn’t be in business, and none of us would have jobs. That’s why it is important for every employee in every department of every workplace to develop a customer-oriented focus and always provide excellent service. The main objective of this online customer service training course is to teach employees ways to improve the service they provide to customers.
- Handling Customer Complaints. Effective customer complaint handling is one of the most important aspects of providing excellent customer service. Customers who complain are offering the organization a chance to identify and resolve problems, demonstrate excellent service, and keep loyal customers. The objective of this online customer service training course is to help employees handle customer complaints and difficult customers successfully.
- And more than 15 more!
In short, the Training Today—Customer Service Library includes everything you need for your customer service team to provide world-class service. In today’s environment, it is more important than ever to build loyal relationships with your customers and a better working environment for your employees. Get Free Access to 20+ Customer Service Training Courses here.